Sunday, August 17, 2008

Studio Update




My studio is always a work in progress. I am constantly struggling to find the perfect storage and work space. My recent project included adding counter space in my studio. This 2'x10' counter gives me an additional work area, which I am thoroughly enjoying. I especially like the utility drawers that I use for my embellishments and rubber stamps. The drawers are about 2 feet wide and 2 feet long and 2" deep and hold a LOT of stuff. I have reserved one drawer for layouts in progress so I can just put my stuff away and keep my area tidy. I picked up the caddy at Pottery Barn and will add either some pics or patterned paper in the photo openings sometime soon, hopefully! I got the white one, but it also comes in black and a dark walnut brown. My office desk is still in the room, but I've almost moved all my essentials to the new area.



LOOK AT THIS!



I found this memory board at Big Lots for $4. I had to get 2 since they were so cheap! I will remove the current one that is all cluttered and then hang the 2 new ones on the wall above the counter. The electrician will be in to install recessed lighting next week. That should make me happy enough for awhile. Meanwhile, I've got to find time to go through everything and purge, purge, purge. So I'm officially on a scrap diet until I can get rid of some stuff!